Welcome to Fandom Cracked! In this pilot episode, you’ll find out who your hosts are (including our aliases we’ll be using in future podcasts), and our hopes for this podcast. We’ll also be discussing what a fandom is, and what it means to be a fan!
- Chaotic Good– A person or character that is chaotic in nature, not abiding by any “law” but their own, and also expressly adhering to the “good” side in Good vs Evil. Character example: V in V for Vendetta written by Alan Moore.
- Chaotic Neutral– A person or character that is chaotic in nature, not abiding by any “law” but their own, and siding with neither good nor evil. Character example: Jack Sparrow in Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean series.
- Fanfiction– (Also called “fanfic”) A work of fiction composed by a fan of a particular universe (eg. Supernatural or Lord of the Rings) for that particular universe. “I wrote a fanfic about how the Doctor met sentient candles that were afraid of wind and he saved them from being blown out by humans.”
- Otaku– A fan of anime and manga, as well as Japanese culture. “She’s such an otaku; she brings a Naruto bento box to school everyday.”
- Yuri– Stories in anime or manga depicting love/relationships between two or more women.
- Yaoi– Stories in anime or manga depicting love/relationships between two or more men.